Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Career rant

My career in the medical field is over. I'm tired of the BS, of recruiters who don't call, of jobs posted that aren't really open. I'm tired of the hypocrisy of the medical field. I could have killed a patient and I would still have a job. I know several people who have lost their job due to negligence and they were working again within a month or so. I was just unlucky enough to violate the flavor of the week at the wrong time and to be in a field that is way to crowded with job seekers. I was an X ray tech. I was damn good. I was fast, efficient and the patients loved me. None of that mattered and it doesn't now. I'm trying to hold back from a full fledged rant but I don't know why, my career is either dead or damaged beyond repair already. My last interview they flew me across country , got me a nice rental car, and put me up in a nice hotel. It really looked good. Today I get a form E-mail rejection and I see the same job posted again on career builder.com. I spent almost 200 dollars in gas, food and getting a state license for the job. Maybe I was dumb getting the license but they told me I needed it in hand to be considered for the job. I have spent way too much of my limited funds on faxes, gas and other crap looking for a job in my "career." I can't draw unemployment because I was terminated. My savings are gone. The last week I have spent applying at Wal-Mart and Rent A Center. I can't afford to pay my phone bill, or make my next student loan payment. I will probably be cashing in my retirement account to try and survive for a few more months. I don't have much and the taxes will cut that in half. I have spent 18 years of my adult life working, six in school and at 41 I have nothing but bitterness to show for it. Everyone tells me I will find a job but you know what there are a lot of people who haven't. All the work I put into clearing up and fixing my credit is going down the drain. There is no government help to pay my bills, there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Did I make a mistake? Yes, I freely admit that. Did I deserve to be fired. You decide. I'm tired, tired of playing nice, tired of being honorable, tired of trying to help. I am just tired. I'm ready to go to bed and not wake up. To my friends out there who have been by my side I love you all, more than words can say. To the "Christian" who made the decison to fire me, hey you were just doing your job, nothing personal but I hope you hypocrits all choke on it

No comments:

Post a Comment